A blog can be a great way to give voice to your passions, loves, expertise or creativity. They can be a good source of income as well. Be that as it may, there are certain things that a blogger should be familiar with. It does not matter if you are an existing blogger or if you are planning to start one. With the help of these blogger tips, you will find blogging an easier and more enjoyable activity.
These tips can also help keep your content exciting enough for your readers to keep coming back. 6 Blogger Tips 1) Refresh the Look of Your Blog on a Regular Basis You can give your blog a stylish and fashionable theme and layout. However, fashion trends are subject to change.
Your readers can become bored with the design after visiting it on a regular basis. You can easily change the looks of your website on a regular basis.
1) You may opt for a complete change or make only a few minor changes. Either way, ensure that you do not do it too often. Otherwise, your readers can become fed up.
2) Maintain an About Page Blogs are all about connecting with your readers. As such one of the more important blogger tips you should keep in mind is the maintenance of an about page. Your readers would love to know more about the person writing their favorite blogs. Readers can use the about page to know more of your skills, talents and business. Keeping such a page is incredibly important. Additionally, you need to ensure that the tone of the about page is similar to the rest of the blog. At the same time, there should not be any errors particularly for the crucial bits of information such as contact details.
3) Blog Organization If you have been an avid blogger or if your blog has been around for a long period of time, you will have accumulated a lot of blog posts. Unless you have implemented a good labeling system, you and your readers will find it intensely difficult to locate a particular blog post. You should implement a scalable labeling and organizational system in your blog as soon as possible. Divide you posts into categories and subcategories to ensure that it is extremely easy to search for blogs. This can reduce a lot of headache in the future.
4) Make Use of the Footer Space It is true that not all of your readers will be interested in what lies at the end of blog page. However, some people do end up scrolling to the bottom. They are usually the ones who are really interested in your blog. Among the many blogger tips, an important one is that you should not let the footer space be blank. Keep it just as interesting as the rest of the blog. You can add links to your archives, latest blog posts, the popular posts or the about page.
5) Create a Calendar for Posts You can create a virtual or a paper calendar according to your preference. The calendar will act as a sort of scheduler and planner to remind you of the dates for the latest blog posts. You can also use the calendar to keep a track of the ideas you wish to include in the future posts. It will help you remain organized and ensure that you do not miss anything of importance.
6) Avoiding Burnout It is quite easy to get burnout when you are working daily as a blogger from home. You need to set your own hours for working. Moreover, you should not stay cooped up over a single activity. You can pursue your other interests. A change of scenery is important especially when you are working in something that is as creative as blogging. Avoid staying at home all day just to reply to all the emails and comments left by readers. By going out, you many end up with new inspirations to make use of in your blogs. These are few of many blogger tips that you can use to improve your blog.
By making use of these tips, you can really make your blog better and hopefully a tremendous success. Best Wishes!